Transferring College Credits & Courses

Transfer College Student at Rockhurst University

Rockhurst is your place. Being on campus just feels right. It’s a welcoming environment — a small, quiet campus full of friendly faces, but just a few minutes’ walk to a large metro area. It offers you a chance to earn your bachelor’s degree without getting lost in the crowd. Rockhurst also offers Jesuit teachings, showing you how to be an ethical leader with a service-minded lens. It’s your perfect home away from home, and a prestigious one at that — you just realized it after first going somewhere else. But that’s OK.

Do you know what makes a transfer a transfer? It’s any applicant with at least 12 credit hours of completed coursework from another accredited college or university. Rockhurst accepts up to 64 credit hours from two-year junior or community colleges, and recently started accepting transfers with a full Associate of Arts degree from accredited community colleges.

To transfer college credits between colleges, the first step for most transfer students is to work with our director of transfer admissions to figure out which credits transfer to Rockhurst. The more courses that transfer, the less time it’ll take to earn your degree from RU. From there, we’ll discuss cost and estimate just how long it will take you to finish your degree with those transfer credits. Once you figure out if this plan works for your schedule and budget, you’ll apply online, submit your latest transcript(s), and (if you’ve completed less than 24 credit hours of college coursework) your high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores.

We recommend applying 60 days before the start of the next semester to take full advantage of transfer scholarships and financial aid opportunities.

Now let’s work through the details of transferring your college credits and courses.

College Course Equivalency

Step 1: Find Out if Your Credits Transfer

Like magic, our interactive transfer wizard will show you how completed courses transfer to your Rockhurst degree. We accept a variety of courses that you earned a C or better in from institutions nationwide to fulfill our core graduation requirements.

Step 2: Submit Your Transcripts

For official information on how your college credits transfer, you need to submit transcripts from each of the colleges or universities you have attended.

Please send transcripts to our Office of Transfer Admission at Call 816-501-4600 with any questions.

Will My Credits Transfer?

Here are helpful resources to help guide you through the transfer process. Know that our Office of Transfer Admission is standing by to assist at any point in the process.