Application Process for Incoming Freshmen
Proceed if you are a thinker, leader, someone who puts others before themselves. That’s the kind of people we’re looking to add to our next class.
At RU, you can expect a liberal arts education that will open your eyes and challenge your view of the world, helping you to forever look at situations through social-justice minded lens.
Our beloved Kansas City – a large part of your RU experience – is home to big business, culture, and opportunity. We want all this and more for you. Apply if you do, too.
How to Apply to RU
Your application is not complete until we’ve received the following four items:
- Admission application. Apply online for free or print and mail your application.
- Counselor recommendation. Ask your high school counselor to complete this form.
- ACT or SAT results (RU does not require the ACT writing test).
- Official high school transcript. This can be sent electronically or mailed to Rockhurst University, Office of Admission, 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110.
Our Admission Timeline
Here’s a quick guide to reference as you complete high school and prepare for life as a Hawk.
Summer Before Your Senior Year
- Take ACT or SAT
- Start narrowing down your list of colleges you’d like to apply to
- Submit your applications
Fall Semester of Senior Year
- Visit the Rockhurst campus and get to know Kansas City
- Attend college fairs
Spring Semester of Senior Year
- Sign up to attend Competitive Scholars Day which takes place in February
- Complete your FAFSA (priority deadline is March 1)
- Apply for financial aid
- Advance registration begins
- Make housing arrangements
Contact our admissions team at any time for guidance through this process. We can help by answering questions and providing you with more details on all of the above.