All current students looking for campus housing in the upcoming year have the option to live in either a residence hall or apply for a group housing units. For housing rates, see the Residence Life Contract linked below.
Residential Living Requirements
Rockhurst University has a residency requirement that requires all full-time students to live with their parents or on campus unless they meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Students classified as a junior have completed 60 hours post high school with at least a "C" average or who have lived on campus for four semesters
- Students who are age 23 or older
- Students who have completed active, full-time military service
- Students who have a spouse or dependents living with them.
If you do not meet any of the requirements above and opt to live with your parents you must turn in a Residency Exemption Form. The form must be completed for freshman and sophomore students who do not live on campus. Each Student must submit either a Residency Exemption form or a Housing Contract. Freshman and sophomore students who do not return either form will be assigned to University housing until the University receives confirmation that the student is living with a parent or otherwise exempt. Students will be subject to a prorated housing and meal plan if confirmation is received after the start of the academic year. There is no Housing or Meal Plan after the 4th week of classes for any given term.
Please follow the housing application instructions below.
- Please download and review the Residence Life Contract (PDF) before completing your group application for the upcoming year.
- Students who currently live in Rockhurst campus housing must complete this application for the entire academic year (fall and spring semesters). Each student must complete an individual online application. A confirmation will be emailed to you.
- If applying for Townhouse Village (THV), Rock Row or On Campus Housing (OCH), print and complete one group application per group (linked below), in addition to your individual applications.
- Groups applying for an THV/Rock Row or OCH unit must submit the following:
- One group application for the type of unit for which you are applying
- Confirmation page for each student from the individual online application, which is sent via email upon completion of the individual application
- Rock Web unofficial transcript
- Service Hour Transcripts, which should be requested in advance from the Service Learning Center in Van Ackeren 200 G or online. Service transcripts will be sent electronically from the Service Leaning Center to the Residence Life Office.
- Leadership Transcript with signatures from the sponsor of each organization. Student signatures are not acceptable. If you have questions regarding your Leadership Transcript or problems getting signatures, please visit Massman 4.
Housing During Breaks
Residence Halls remain open during Fall break, Thanksgiving break and Easter break. THV, Rock Row and OCH communities remain open during Fall break,Thanksgiving break, Winter break and Spring break. For security purposes, students remaining on campus during breaks must register with the Residence Life Office. Students will be notified prior to breaks to register for break housing.
Food Service During Breaks
Food service hours and locations are limited for students staying on campus during semester breaks. Dining Services will notify students about locations and times of operation prior to breaks..
Additional Returning Student Application Forms
Group Application Instructions (PDF)
Leadership Transcript Form (PDF)
Application Timeline for 2016-2017 (PDF)
Residence Life Contract 2016-2017 (PDF)
Residence Life Contract 2015-2016 (PDF)
OCH Amenities 2016-2017 (PDF)
THV Properties for 2016-2017 (PDF)
Rock Row Amenities (PDF)
Rock Row Advert (PDF)
2016-2017 Townhouse Village and On Campus Housing Group Applications:
2016-2017 4 Person-4 Bedroom New Unit (Rock Row) (PDF)
2016-2017 OCH 2 person application (PDF)
2016-2017 OCH 3 person application (PDF)
2016-2017 OCH 4 person application (PDF)
2016-2017 OCH 5 person application (PDF)
2016-2017 THV 4 person/2 bedroom application (PDF)
2016-2017 THV 6 person/3 bedroom application (PDF)
2016-2017 THV 2 person/1 bedroom application (PDF)
2016-2017 THV 6 person/2 bedroom application (PDF)