Off-Campus Housing

Not planning to live on Campus?

Freshmen and Sophomore students from the Kansas City area who will be living at home with a parent or legal gaurdian must complete and submit a Residency Exemption Form (PDF) . Forms must be submitted to the Office of Residence Life before the start of fall and/or spring classes. The residency exemption is valid until the start of the next academic year. Please note: documentation in the form of copies of a parent's state issued driver's license, vehicle registration, and voter's registration must accompany the exemption form. Freshman and Sophomore students who do not return either form will be assigned to Univeristyhousing until the Univeristy receives confirmation that the student is living with a parent or other wise exempt.  Students will be subject to a proarated housing and meal plan if confirmation is received after the start of the academic year.  There is no Houisng refund after the 4th week of classes for any given term.

Any housing damages or fines will first be posted to students' account.

We hope your application process has been quick and easy. If you have further questions please contact the Office of Residence Life at 816-501-4663 or by email at