- Our OT program is ranked No. 18 in the nation for career support by graduateprograms.com.
- 100% of our OT grads are employed within six months of graduation.
- The median annual salary for experienced occupational therapists is $75,400.
- Rockhurst University's occupational therapy program consistently has a high graduation rate.
WHY OT AT ROCKHURST?
- You’ll Be Prepared for the National Certification Exam.
RU has an above average pass rate for first time test takers.
- You’ll Serve Others.
Take advantage of the many opportunities to provide services locally and internationally.
- You’ll Take the Lead.
RU offers OT students a number of ways to enhance leadership skills, from working with community partners to serving on university committees.
- You’ll Create Connections.
Your network will grow to include new mentors and industry professionals.
POINTS OF ACCEPTANCE
Apply for the OT program at a point that works best for you.
A program for exceptional students. Admission is based on a combination of your ACT or SAT scores, high school GPA and prerequisite courses.
OT Scholars Program
An advanced admission program for outstanding current RU students. Apply by submitting a letter of intent to the OT office at the beginning of your sophomore year.
Our five-year Master of Occupational Therapy program, available to students consecutively enrolled at RU since freshman year. Contact the OT office early if interested in this opportunity.
Apply during your final year of undergraduate work. Post-baccalaureate students apply the summer prior to the selection of a new class.
Apply for pre-admission if you have completed two years of undergraduate coursework at another college or university.
- A balanced mix of OT and business classes to create a manageable course load.
- Faculty and staff who work together to support you from throughout your program.
- A potential completion time of two years.
- Business classes on week nights so they do not conflict with your daytime OT schedule.
- An opportunity to strengthen your professional readiness.
Exam Pass Rates
Rockhurst occupational therapy graduates consistently have a high success rate in passing the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) exam.
For most recent pass rates for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Exam, please visit NBCOT.
RU's occupational therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
ACOTE c/o AOTA, The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc., 4720 Montgomery Ln Ste 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449, Phone (members): 800-SAY-AOTA (729-2682) | Phone (non-members): 301-652-6611.