Kansas City's Jesuit University
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a Communication Science and Disorders undergraduate major will:
- understand normal human communication and swallowing processes.
- identify and describe the etiologies and characteristics of communication and swallowing disorders.
- demonstrate an understanding of multicultural sensitivity as it relates to the discipline of communication sciences and disorders.
- apply effective oral and written communication skills in all academic settings.
Graduates with a Communication Science and Disorders graduate major will:
- apply ethical behavior and cultural competence in academic and clinical practice.
- analyze and examine existing literature and other information to implement evidence-based practice across all aspects of client care.
- apply effective oral and written communication skills across clinical and academic settings.
- develop leadership and advocacy skills through active engagement in their graduate program and profession.