Vehicle Registration & Parking
Headed to Rockhurst? Whether you plan to park on or off campus, we encourage you to take a peek at our parking regulations (PDF) and the recommendations below.
You can register your car online and pick up your parking permit at the Rockhurst University Security Department, located at 5401 Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO 64110.
- Student parking permits: Cost $125 per semester and are valid for one semester only. This fee appears on your tuition bill. Students may opt out of the purchase of a parking permit by visiting the Student Accounts office.
- Full-time faculty and staff parking permits: Cost $250 per year and are valid for one full academic year.
- Adjunct faculty parking permits: There is no charge for adjunct faculty parking.
Where to Park
See our campus map for parking lot location information.
RU Parking Garage
Make use of the University’s parking garage, located at Rockhurst Road and Troost Ave. If you have a valid Rockhurst parking permit, just swipe your Rockhurst ID to enter the garage and enjoy a quick walk to campus. There is also visitor parking available on the ground floor of the garage.
Help Rockhurst maintain a good relationship with its neighbors by being respectful and courteous when parking on nearby streets. Here are a few tips that will help you avoid being towed or finding an expensive ticket on your windshield:
- Do not park in front of driveways.
- Avoid parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
- Do not block a sidewalk or intersection.
Other Modes of Transportation
There are a number of other ways to get to campus. Purchase a $3 day pass to ride any of the Metro or MAX buses - check routes and schedules on the KCATA website. We also encourage you to ride your bike to campus, or earn one through our neighboring organization Revolve KC.
You’ll see these posters throughout the RU campus. Click on the posters below to see a full size version.